MARYLAND STATE FAIR
(Aug 23 - Sept 2; Weekdays 12-10, Weekends & Labor Day 10-10)
I already can see your eye rolling but here are three reasons to give it a shot:
- Students in Baltimore County & CIty are back in school next week so if you happen to have a day off, the rides are completely up for grabs during the day.
- Tonight (Thursday - 8/22) is preview night. Admission after 5PM is a $1 and every ride only costs $1! Or on Labor Day $31 for Unlimited Rides!
- A good excuse to get the hell out of the city for The Grand Prix.
Bring A Date?
Regular admission is only $8 for adults. My suggestion would be to get there early in the morning or late at night because that’s when the crowds are smallest (if you go on the weekend). Hop on a few rides, take a selfie kissing on the Ferris wheel, win your date something large and ridiculous and a eat deep fried something! Take the light rail and you won’t even have to use your car!
Find A Date?
Not too optimistic about this one. Of course, the fair is pretty family oriented. You could try showing up one of of the concert days: Three Days Grace (9/1) or Fall Out Boy (8/29) (Carly Rae Jepsen & The Wanted are playing also but don’t be creepy…). Of course, you’ll have to figure out if you’re good with your new potential date being a fan of those artists, but that’s your call.
If that fails, there’s always the group or meeting someone in line method. Or head over to Hightopps (next door to the fair) and see who’s old enough to have a drink, suggest hopping on a ride. Cover their $8 entry and a ride ticket & see where the day/night takes you.
An adorable timeless date or just an excuse to get away from all those engines.
- datniggaisdeadd-u-ddead likes this
- sneekis likes this
- rmil likes this
- teasingyourassumptions reblogged this from yellowdecorations
- lovemsjones reblogged this from baltimore-dating
- moon-thing likes this
- shimozu likes this
- charleslollar likes this
- galaxybri likes this
- mathcat345 likes this
- engagedlaura reblogged this from yellowdecorations and added:
- allidubbs likes this
- yellowdecorations reblogged this from baltimore-dating and added:
- yellowdecorations likes this
- honkfree said: Take the light rail and you don’t have to deal with parking!
- honkfree likes this
- dannybananas likes this
- iquitelikeditactually likes this
- baltimore-dating posted this